(This here post is dedicated to all you suckers who won't stop ragging on me for not posting in a while!) :D
Last Friday in youth group, I think it was, someone mentioned how we would all act differently if the person of Jesus Christ were right in the room with us. We talked briefly about how we would treat Jesus, and how that also is how we should treat each other.
I would be falling over backwards to get Jesus anything He might need. I would give Him my seat on the couch. I would bring Him a drink, and offer to get Him anything else He would want. I would be polite, and listen more than I would talk. No negative words would come out of my lips. I would see it as an opportunity to learn, so I would be hanging on to every word from His mouth. If He spilled His drink or dropped something on the floor I would joyfully jump up to take care of it for Him. I would consider it an honor to serve Him any way that I could.
Now then, how would things be different if we treated everyone like that? Are we not supposed see Christ in everyone?
In Matthew chapter twenty-five Jesus said, “’For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’”
Wow. Doesn’t that idea just make you feel a little funny? I think we’d be functioning more like the body is supposed to function is we saw everyone as Christ. I’m putting on my Jesus-colored sunglasses, and looking through them, I’m going to see everyone I encounter as Christ, and then I’ll treat them accordingly. Won’t you put on your SONglasses too?? :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's a great thought Jenna. =) I have actually been thinking about this a bit lately, and I really like how you put it. =) Anyway, thanks for posting! I missed reading your posts and it makes me really happy to read this one. =)
ReplyDeleteHaha I guess thats where that came from this evening =) when you asked for cheese puffs. yah I know what you mean, I would be Enthralled if Jesus Christ was actually in our presence =) and you can bet Id give him special attention... so why not everyone else? What a great way to look at how to treat other people =)
ReplyDeleteoh and I totally love the SONglasses thing!
thanks so much for posting =D
Hey hottie! thanks so much for posting this i read it last night before i went to work, and then i kept on remembering it any time i interacted with a parent, kid, or coworker. chuch e cheese is not an easy place to work! every parent seems to have their own trashy idea, but it was awesome to see god work through your post, and help me then with how i reacted to people last night. thanks so much for making an impact in any small way that you can! and we have totally GOT to go get coffee together! mmmmhh say Wednesday??
ReplyDelete-Callie Tallin
Jenna,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see a post from you!
Thank you for the reminder to treat the "unloveable" as lovely.
I love that passage from Matthew! I'm sure Jesus said it especially for visual learners! (That's me!) ;)