Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grace. :)

Two friends come across an old woman lying in the snow. The two debate about what they should do with her: "Is she drunk or a bum?"
"Just a bum. Been one all her life."
"And before that?"
"She was a whore in Alaska."
"She hasn't been a whore her whole life. Before that?"
"I dunno. Just a little kid, I guess."
"Well, a little kid's something. It's not a bum and it's not a whore. It's something. Let's take her in."

Where society saw only a bum and a whore, grace saw a "little kid" made in the image of God, no matter how defaced that image had become. (From: What's So Amazing About Grace?)

Jesus didn't treat the woman at the well with contempt. He just loved. He saw that she was thirsty, and He wanted her to be filled with the BEST. Praise God for grace! Where would we be without it? May we see the world through the lenses of His grace! :) :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this. That book is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this Jenna! I love hearing this kinda thing. =) And I love the reminder of seeing people as God sees them. =) Isn't it great that He sees us this way too!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there sweet thang! this was so cool! i have never really thought about the grace of god like that. actually i have never really thought about the grace of god at all lol! but this has got me thinking. thanks for the challenge!

    -Callie Tallin

    ReplyDelete