Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All about Jesus. All about Megan.

I told my mommy this week: the next three weeks in my life is all about Jesus and all about Megan. I want to grow and strengthen my relationship with both Jesus and Megan in the next three weeks, and nothing else really matters.

I am so sad to have Megan leaving. She will be gone the whole summer and then she's going to NTBI where Shane is. I'm so happy that she gets to go, but at the same time, I am soooo sad to see her leave. I want to embrace every last moment I have with her.
My emotions have been mixed up a little. I'm so excited to see how Megan will grow at NTBI, and I'm so thankful for all of the memories we have shared together, but I am also left feeling a little discouraged, knowing all the of the things that I could have done, all of the things I wish I had done better in our relationship. If that makes any sense. =P
I am so thankful that God's grace abounds, and that because Megan loves Jesus, her grace also abounds. I am so thankful for how much Megan has put up with me, and I am so grateful for having the opportunity to get to know her, and am grateful for being able to learn from her.
She has been such a blessing in my life!
I still have LOTS of schoolwork to finish up for the year. And then I also have to start on a summer class, but for now, all I want to do is, at every possible opportunity, spend time with Megan. I know that may not be the wisest thing to do, but seriously, as I told my mommy, I'm making this next three weeks all about Jesus and all about Megan.
Now I'm pretty positive you're not asking this question right now, but I'm gonna go ahead and type this anyway: You may be asking, "Why Jesus? He's not the one leaving."
Well, now I will answer the question that I'm sure you already knew the answer to. These three weeks will also be about Jesus because I need Jesus. I need His strength to deal with my emotions, especially with Megan leaving. I need Him more than anything. More than Megan. So now, as Megan is leaving, and I am beginning to feel somewhat alone, I will cling to Jesus, and He will carry me through. Make sense? I'm sure it did, atleast a little.

I love Megan. I love Jesus. May my life these next few weeks bring Him all the glory. End of story.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jenna Lyn,

    Goodness you and Megan are like best friends.. even closer that *crossed fingers*. I know you will miss her so much.. When I found out she was leaving for bible school this summer it made me feel so guilty because I never actually got to know Megan that well. She really is amazing.. and I wish I had gotten to spend more time with her. I am glad that you see the need to turn to Jesus during this time.. because that's the only way your going to get through it.

    -Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna Lyn,

    This is great. We will all miss Megan :( and I think your pursuit of spending these next weeks and making it all about Jesus and Megan is right on. I'm sure Megan will appreciate that immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sniff* It makes me sad. =( Megan's leaving.
    =( *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awhh jenna..how sweet!!
    I love you! <3 And am going to miss you like crazy!
    ohh jenna, dont be left feeling discouraged..and what could of we done better in our relationship? I love us! Just the way we are! :D
    I'm really excited about spending these last few weeks with you!! And with all our friends!!
    Yes! We both need Jesus. Especially with this move and change. Its gonna be hard leaving you all behind and it will be a hard transition..but as much as I am gonna miss you and all our friends..I really am excited to see what God has planned for me up there!! Guess we'll have to wait and see..then I can share it all at our good news sessions! :D
    I love you Jenna Lyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan is such a special girl. I never really got much time with her while she was here... so i dont really understand what you were going through there... actually i talk to her more now then I did while she was here ha! Sometime Ill have to tell you my initial reaction to reading this... =)

    ReplyDelete